*

Monday, November 24, 2014

Relationships

They come in all forms.  Friendships, families, romances, work-based ones, casual ones... they all mean something and give a form of structure to our lives.  I'm grateful for all of the relationships I have with so many people - minus romantic ones... currently not involved in one.

I'm in an odd spot because with my work, I've never met one of my coworkers face to face, but I still care about them a lot.  They're great people.  We share ups and downs.  We celebrate accomplishments and heartache.  It's been a great thing to feel human to people to whom one would feel like just a number.

The other odd spot I am in, I'm single.  It's not that I like being single, but that I have learned to be happy alone.  I think by being happy with myself first, I can just add more joy to my life with the right person.  I do, however, desire for that connection to a person that would include wanting for their joy, seeing them shine, feeling their closeness and being safe, and just - in general - sharing life with someone.  Sometimes, doing things alone after a while gets old and you want a companion.  I've had to learn a lot of patience and faith in God's timing.

I've met some good people, some not so good people, while out in the wild world of dating, but apparently nothing I can keep my hands on, or there are things I just won't compromise this time around.  I cannot repeat the same mistakes I made before.  I set the example for my children, so - I wait.  And wait.  However....

Friendships evolve over the years. People get invested with their families, as they should to a healthy extent. They get busier, but it doesn't mean that they love you any less.  I cherish my friends.  They got me through some of the hardest times in my life when I didn't have family close by.  The friends that hug you, hold you, serve you, and uplift you are great but it's even better when you reciprocate it back.

During this time of thanks and gratitude... I wish to say this - For all these, I am simply grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment