*

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Honest to goodness....

Sitting here in my bed, trying to fall asleep, I think "hmmm, what's going on with Facebook tonight?"  I open the app and the top post is from my sister, +Allison Bowker .  See below.
I love gratitude.  Let me repeat that.... I LOVE GRATITUDE - so much so, I got up, fired up my laptop to participate with my sister and fulfill this challenge of positive things... I think they go hand in hand.

While I "om-nom-nom" away on some delish watermelon - I will blog about things I am grateful for.

What am I grateful for or positive things:

1. I am grateful for good friends, who step in and scoop you up like ice cream and then wrap you in the warmth of their love like melty hot fudge.  Latrice ain't got nothin' on this analogy.  But today had two friends hang with me to go get milkshakes and fries at Steak n Shake.  Good still happens.  Even better extension of that was the gifting of lovely dresses to my kids and a set of Squinkie toys that they've already sorted several times.  Why no, no they don't get their OCD nature from me.  LOL



2. Even when my heart hurts, I believe in good things to come.  I may be divorced & single - but I'm learning to be happy.  However, I wouldn't put it past me to hire a professional cuddle buddy.  Sometimes you just need that connection.  Ha ha ha!

3. My kids are with me.  The days when they were gone were long and hard on me.  Having them around - even if they're awake and fighting against the wall behind my head over legos or squinkies, their noise is better than not having it.  It's finding things like this that make it all worth while.  (Playdough art by Faith)


If you're reading this - I challenge you to the same!  Every day for the next 5 days - three things of positivity or gratitude.  I'm specifically calling out my friend +Elizabeth Singleton , +Beverly Richardson +Alan Greene  and others I'll tag on facebook.

Lets layer the world with some positivity and love.

2 comments:

  1. You can't have gratitude without a good attitude.
    Keep it up with both. You're awesome like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure trying. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete